Hi Otis,

Thanks for the info and help. I started reading up about it (on Markmail, nice site), and it looks like there is some activity to put it into 1.4. I will try and apply the patch, and see how that works. It seems like a couple of people are using it in a production environment already, with out grief. So that is a good thing.

-John

On Dec 11, 2008, at 1:24 AM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

Hi John,

It's not in the current release, but the chances are it will make it into 1.4. You can try one of the recent patches and apply it to your Solr 1.3 sources. Check list archives for more discussion, this field collapsing was just discussed again today/yesterday. markmail.org is a good one.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: John Martyniak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 10:51:57 PM
Subject: Re: Sum of Fields and Record Count

Otis,

Thanks for the information. It looks like the field collapsing is similar to what I am looking. But is that in the current release? Is it stable?

Is there anyway to do it in Solr 1.3?

-John

On Dec 10, 2008, at 9:59 PM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

Hi John,

This sounds a lot like field collapsing functionality that a few people are
working on in SOLR-236:

Otis