Check your solrconfig.xml:

     <maxFieldLength>10000</maxFieldLength>

That's probably the truncating factor. That's the maximum number of terms, not bytes or characters.

        Erik

On Dec 15, 2008, at 5:00 PM, Antonio Zippo wrote:

Hi all,

i have a TextField containing over 400k of text....

when i try to search a word solr doesn't return any result.... but if I search for a single document, I can see that the word exists there....

So I suppose that solr has a textfield size limit.... (the field is indexed using a tokenizer and some filters)

Could anyone help me to undestand the problem? and if is it possible to solve?

Thanks in advance,
 Antonio