From: Julian Davchev [mailto:j...@drun.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 11:31 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: looking for multilanguage indexing best practice/hint

Hi,
>From my study on solr and lucene so far it seems that I will use single
scheme.....at least don't see scenario where I'd need more than that.
So question is how do I approach multilanguage indexing and multilang
searching. Will it really make sense for just searching word..or rather
I should supply lang param to search as well.

I see there are those filters and already advised on them but I guess
question is more of a best practice.
solr.ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory, solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory

So solution I see is using copyField I have same field in different
langs or something using distinct filter.
Cheers