Hmm, that makes sense to me - however I still think that even if we have mm set to "2" and we have "the 7449078" it should still match 7449078 in a productId field (it does not: http://zeta.zappos.com/search?department=&term=the+7449078) . This seems like it works against the way one would reasonably expect it to - that stopwords shouldn't impact the counts for mm (so, "the 7449078" would count as 1 term for mm since "the" is a stopword).

Would there be a way around this? Could we possibly get it reworked? What would the downside to that be?

We have people asking for "the north" to return results from a brand called "the north face" - but it doesn't, and can't, because of this mm issue.

Thanks for your time helping us with this issue =)

Matthew Runo
Software Engineer, Zappos.com
mr...@zappos.com - 702-943-7833