:It should be fairly predictible, can you elaborate on what problems you

:have just adding boost queries for the specific types?

The boost queries are true queries, so the amount boost can be affected
by things like term frequency for the query. The functions aren't
affected by this and therefore more predictable over the life of the
index. If I want to boost documents via multiple factors, their
interaction is very important. If that interaction slowly changes over
the life of the index, I lose that control.

:a generic Parser/ValueSource that let you specific term=>float mappings
in
:it's init params would certianly make a cool patch for Solr.

I do believe I will work on this (may take me a bit). Once I nail it
down, I've got a couple of other easier query functions I would like to
add as well, if they hold value for the community.

-Hoss