From: wojtekpia [mailto:wojte...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 1:20 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Snapinstaller vs Solr Restart

I use my warm up queries to fill the field cache (or at least that's the
idea). My filterCache hit rate is ~99% & queryResultCache is ~65%.

I update my index several times a day with no 'optimize', and
performance is
seemless. I also update my index once nightly with an 'optimize', and
that's
where I see the performance drop.

I'll try turning autowarming on.

Could this have to do with file caching by the OS?