Are the issues ran into due to non-standard code in Solr, or is there
some WebLogic inconsistency?

-Todd Feak

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:n...@ger.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Ilan Rabinovitch
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 1:11 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: WebLogic 10 Compatibility Issue - StackOverflowError

I created a wiki page shortly after posting to the list:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrWeblogic

 From what we could tell Solr itself was fully functional, it was only
the admin tools that were failing.

Regards,
Ilan Rabinovitch

---
SCALE 7x: 2009 Southern California Linux Expo
Los Angeles, CA
http://www.socallinuxexpo.org

On 1/29/09 4:34 AM, Mark Miller wrote:
> We should get this on the wiki.
>
> - Mark
>

> Ilan Rabinovitch wrote:
>>
>> We were able to deploy Solr 1.3 on Weblogic 10.0 earlier today. Doing
>> so required two changes:
>>
>> 1) Creating a weblogic.xml file in solr.war's WEB-INF directory. The
>> weblogic.xml file is required to disable Solr's filter on FORWARD.
>>
>> The contents of weblogic.xml should be:
>>
>> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
>> <weblogic-web-app
>> xmlns="http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/90";
>> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
>> xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/90
>> http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/90/weblogic-web-app.xsd";>
>>
>> <container-descriptor>

<filter-dispatched-requests-enabled>false</filter-dispatched-requests-en
abled>

>> </container-descriptor>
>>
>> </weblogic-web-app>
>>

>> 2) Remove the pageEncoding attribute from line 1 of
solr/admin/header.jsp

>> On 1/17/09 2:02 PM, KSY wrote:
>>> I hit a major roadblock while trying to get Solr 1.3 running on
WebLogic
>>> 10.0.
>>>
>>> A similar message was posted before - (

http://www.nabble.com/Solr-1.3-stack-overflow-when-accessing-solr-admin-
page-td20157873.html

http://www.nabble.com/Solr-1.3-stack-overflow-when-accessing-solr-admin-
page-td20157873.html

>>> ) - but it seems like it hasn't been resolved yet, so I'm re-posting
>>> here.
>>>
>>> I am sure I configured everything correctly because it's working
fine on
>>> Resin.
>>>
>>> Has anyone successfully run Solr 1.3 on WebLogic 10.0 or higher?
Thanks.

>>> SUMMARY:
>>>
>>> When accessing /solr/admin page, StackOverflowError occurs due to an
>>> infinite recursion in SolrDispatchFilter
>>>

>>> ENVIRONMENT SETTING:
>>>
>>> Solr 1.3.0
>>> WebLogic 10.0
>>> JRockit JVM 1.5
>>>

>>> ERROR MESSAGE:
>>>
>>> SEVERE: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.StackOverflowError
>>> at

weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatche
rImpl.java:276)

>>> at

org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.j
ava:273)

>>> at

weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:
42)

>>> at

weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDis
patcherImpl.java:526)

>>> at

weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatche
rImpl.java:261)