Hello,

I have a problem with setting the instanceDir property for the cores in
solr.xml. When I set the value to be relative, it sets it as relative to the
location from which I started the application, instead of relative to the
solr.home property.

I am using Tomcat and I am creating a context for each instance of solr that
I am running in the conf/Catalina/localhost directory, as per the
instructions. For example, my solr1.xml file looks like this:

<Context docBase="/srv/solr/solr1/solr.war" debug="0" crossContext="true" >
   <Environment name="solr/home" type="java.lang.String"
value="/srv/solr/solr1" override="true" />
</Context>

My solr.xml file in /srv/solr/solr1 looks something like this:

<cores adminPath='/admin/cores'>
  <core name='p20' instanceDir='./' dataDir='./data/p20/'/>
  <core name='p0' instanceDir='./' dataDir='./data/p0/'/>
</cores>

Now, from whatever location I start the app, it considers that my root
directory. For example if I run the command from this prompt:

m...@linux-1hpr:/tmp> ~/bin/tomcat/bin/catalina.sh start

It then creates a 'data' directory in /tmp with subdirectories p20, p0 etc.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks a lot.

Mark