On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Marcus Stratmann <stratm...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Shalin Shekhar Mangar wrote:
>
>> The end goal is to give spelling suggestions. Even if it gave less
>> frequently occurring spelling suggestions, what would you do with it?
>>
> To give you an example:
> We have an index for computer games. One title is "gran turismo". The word
> "gran" is less frequent in the index than "grand". So if someone searches
> for "grand turismo" there will be no suggestion "gran".

Unless, I'm misunderstanding something, you need phrase suggestions and not
individual suggestions. I mean that you need suggestions for "gran turismo"
and not "gran" and "turismo" separately. Did you try using KeywordTokenizer
for this spell check field?

> And to come back to my last question: There seems to be no case in which
> "onlyMorePopular=false" makes sense (provided Grant's assumption is
> correct). Do you see one?

Here's a use-case -- you provide a mis-spelled word and you want the closest
suggestion by edit distance (frequency does not matter).

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.