On Mar 5, 2009, at 3:10 AM, revas wrote:

Hi,

I have a requirement where i need to search offline.We are thinking of doing
this by storing the index terms in a db .

I'm not sure I follow. How is it that Solr would be offline, but your DB would be online? Can you explain a bit more the problem you are trying to solve?

Is there a was of accessing the index tokens in solr 1.3 ?

Not in 1.3, but trunk does. Have a look at the TermsComponent (http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TermsComponent ). I suppose if you got things in a JSON or binary format, the performance might not be horrible, but it will depend on the # of terms in the index. Or, you could get things in stages, i.e. all terms between a and b, etc. It might be back compatible with 1.3, but I don't know for sure.

-Grant