Otis:

Okay, I'm not sure whether I should be including the quotes in the query
when using the analyzer, so I've run it both ways (no quotes on the index
value).  I'll try to approximate the final "tables" returned for each term:

The field is dc_subject in both cases, being of type "text"

***

Version 1 (With Quotes)
Index Value: Abilene Christian College -- Students -- Yearbooks
Query Value: "Abilene Christian College -- Students -- Yearbooks"

Index final "table":

1             2               3              4               5
abilene      christian     college       students     yearbooks

Query final "table":

1              2               3              4              6
abilene      christian     college       students    yearbooks

Version 2 (Without Quotes)
Index Value: Abilene Christian College -- Students -- Yearbooks
Query Value: Abilene Christian College -- Students -- Yearbooks

Index final "table":

1             2               3              4               5
abilene      christian     college       students     yearbooks

Query final "table":

1             2               3              4               5
abilene      christian     college       students     yearbooks

***

The main difference seems to be that there is no "5" index when I surround
the string with quotes, and instead it skips to 6.  This happens at the
WordDelimiterFilterFactory step. It seems to me like those tokens should be
returning a match, but either way, apparently they're not?  Any suggestions
at this point?