On Mar 29, 2009, at 8:42 AM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar wrote:

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 4:57 PM, aerox7 <amyne.berr...@me.com> wrote:

I want to get results orderd by keyword matching (score) and popularity.

When i tryed somthing like this : q=hp&sort=popularity desc, score desc I get Hp printer, hp laptop and hp jet, so it works ! But when i try to search hp jet (q=hp jet&sort=popularity desc, score desc) i get the same
result like the first query whos totaly wrong !!!!!

How to influante the score in my case ? for exemple give to the matching 1
factor and popularity 1.5 (or 2)

Do not sort by popularity first as it will dominate the score. Look at
function queries for influencing the score based on the popularity.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FunctionQuery

also consider using the "dismax" parser with the 'bf' parameter. I think the example has that configured, also check:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DisMaxRequestHandler#head-14b9ca618089829d139e6f3d6f52ff63e22a80d1

ryan