>On Apr 2, 2009, at 4:26 AM, Fergus McMenemie wrote:
>> I cant get ExtractingRequestHandler to work with tomcat. Using the
>> latest version from svn and then a "make clean dist" and copying the
>> war file to a clean tomcat does not work.
>
>make?!  :)
Oops!

>try "ant example" to see if that gets it working - it copies the
>ExtractingRequestHandler JAR and dependencies to <solr-home>/lib
>
>       Erik

Thanks. Copying all those jar files to my solr/lib directory was
the trick. But why do I have to do this; is it by design or
because ExtractingRequestHandler is yet to be fully incorporated
into Solr?

Regards Fergus.

Fergus McMenemie               Email:fer...@twig.me.uk
Techmore Ltd                   Phone:(UK) 07721 376021

Unix/Mac/Intranets             Analyst Programmer