>I have a design question for all of those who might be willing to provide an
>answer.
>
>We are looking for a way to do a type of additive filters.  Our documents
>are comprised of a single item of a specified color.  We will use shoes as
>an example.  Each document contains a multivalued ³size² field with all
>sizes and a multivalued ³width² field for all widths available for a given
>color.  Our issue is that the values are not linked to each other.  This
>issue can be seen when a user chooses a size (e.g. 7) and we filter the
>options down to only size 7.  When the width facet is displayed it will have
>all widths available for all documents that match on size 7 even though most
>don¹t come in a wide width.  We are looking for strategies to filter facets
>based on other facets in separate queries.
>
>--
>Jeff Newburn
>Software Engineer, Zappos.com
>jnewb...@zappos.com - 702-943-7562

Ditto!

As best I understand, you somehow need to arrange for each different
combination of colour, size and width to be indexed as a separate sol
document.

Fergus McMenemie               Email:fer...@twig.me.uk
Techmore Ltd                   Phone:(UK) 07721 376021

Unix/Mac/Intranets             Analyst Programmer