If you use the off the shelf .war, it *should* be the same. (if not, we need to fix it)

If you are building your own .war, how SLF4 behaves depends on what implementation is in the runtime path. If you want to use log4j logging, put in the slf4j-log4j.jar in your classpath and you should be all set.