Hi All,

I'm evaluating Solr to provide a single fast and effective searching solution
for a range of web applications (Java, .Net & PHP). So a couple questions:

1) Can we configure Solr to auto reindex/import if we point it to a datasource?
I've done some searching on this and have only come up with specific mailing
list questions on DataImporter - there seems to be no docs on that. If so, can
we use this mechnism to point to multiple datasources for different indexes
i.e. use datasource A for index A and datasource B for index B?

2) Can we create multiple indexes of the same objects i.e. index of users for
customer A and another for users of customer B? If so, how would be specify
context/index to use?

3) It seems that the built-in replication depends on rsync; we use a SAN for
our production databases, can we easily use the SAN for replication/redundancy?
Are there fiel system locking issues (as with out-of-the-box lucene) with two
Solr servers using the same index shared via a SAN?

4) We've extended one of our local lucene search implementations to store the
index in a database (not for speed but for redundancy & load balancing) using a
JDBCDirectoryProvider implementation - is it possible to use that with Solr?

Thanks for any help on this!

rotis 23