as long as you make sure there are never two applications writing to the same index, you *should* be ok.

But tread carefully...

On Apr 19, 2009, at 3:28 PM, vivek sar wrote:

Both Solr instances will be writing to separate indexes, but can they
share the same solr.home? So, here is what I want,

1) solr.home = solr/multicore
2) There is a single solr.xml under multicore directory
3) Each instance would use the same solr.xml, which will have entries
for multiple cores
4) Each instance will write to different core at a time - so one index
will be written by only one writer at a time.

not sure if this is a supported configuration.

Thanks.
-vivek

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 5:55 AM, Otis Gospodnetic