Sean,

I haven't looked into this very closely yet, but since you are on the bleeding
edge Solr and are looking for pointers, let me point out the new
FieldAnalysisRequestHandler and DocumentAnalysisRequestHandler.

[o...@localhost src]$ ff Field\*java | grep Handler.java
./java/org/apache/solr/handler/FieldAnalysisRequestHandler.java

[o...@localhost src]$ ff Document\*java | grep Handler.java
./java/org/apache/solr/handler/DocumentAnalysisRequestHandler.java

Does that work for you?

Otis