Foreword:  I'm not a java developer :)

OSVDB.org and datalossdb.org make use of solr pretty extensively via
acts_as_solr.

I found myself with a real need for some of the StatsComponent stuff
(mainly the sum feature), so I pulled down a nightly build and played
with it.  StatsComponent proved perfect, but... the nightly build
output seems to be different, and thus incompatible with acts_as_solr.

Now, I realize this is more or less an acts_as_solr issue, but...

Is it possible, with some degree of effort (obviously) for me to
essentially port some of the functionality of StatsComponent to 1.3
myself?  It's that, or waiting for 1.4 to come out and someone
developing support for it into acts_as_solr, or myself fixing what I
have for acts_as_solr to work with the output.  I'm just trying to
gauge the easiest solution :)

Any feedback or suggestions would be grand.

Thanks,

Dave
Open Security Foundation