Hi,

I'm trying the BoostQParserPlugin and FunctionQuery to enable query time
boosting.  It works better than bf (boost function) because it multiplies
the relevancy score by the boosts.  However I noticed significant
performance issues with it.  The more functions I use as boosts, the slower
it gets.  For example, if a query without boosts takes 300ms, adding a boost
function like log(popularity) becomes 600ms, using pow(log(popularity),2)
takes 800ms, using
product(pow(log(score_total),2),recip(rord(days),1,90,90)) takes 1100ms.
Ideally I'd like to pass in a reasonable amount of functions to adjust the
search ranking dynamically without sacrificing much performance.

Thanks,

Guangwei