try searching for matches where the name starts with whatever the user has
entered so far with a wildcard

?q=vinc*

Are you always going to be searching for names?  If so you could see if the
user has entered two terms and suffix each with a wildcard to get
potentially more relevant searches.

For example, if a user enters "vince p", you might substitute that with the
query "vince* p*" to get the following hits
Vincent Pérès
Vincent Price
Vince Price
Vince Pérès