Michael Ludwig schrieb:
Martin Davidsson schrieb:
I've tried to read up on how to decide, when writing a query, what
criteria goes in the q parameter and what goes in the fq parameter,
to achieve optimal performance. Is there [...] some kind of rule of
thumb to help me decide how to split things up when querying against
one or more fields.

This is a good question. I don't know if there is any such rule. I'm
going to sum up my understanding of filter queries hoping that the
pros will point out any flaws in my assumptions.

I've summarized what I've learnt about filter queries on this page:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FilterQueryGuidance

Michael Ludwig