I have been trying to restrict MoreLikeThis results without any luck also.
In additional to restricting the results, I am also looking to influence the
scores similar to the way boost query (bq) works in the
DisMaxRequestHandler.

I think Solr's MoreLikeThis depends on Lucene's contrib queries
MoreLikeThis, or at least it used to.  Has anyone looked into enhancing
Solrs' MoreLikeThis to support bq and restricting mlt results?

Bill