On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 2:10 PM, gateway0 <reiterwo...@yahoo.de> wrote:

> I indexed my data and defined a defaultsearchfield named "text:" (<field
> name="text" type="text" indexed="true" stored="false"
> multiValued="true"/>).
>
> Lets say I have 2 values indexed
> 1.value "ABCD"
> 2.value "ABCD3456"
>
> Now when I do a wildcard search over that two values the following happens:
> - query:"q=AB*" => All two values are returned "ABCD" and "ABCD3456" =>
> wildcard is functioning!
> - query:"q=ABCD3*" => No results are returned! (expected: "ABCD3456") =>
> wildcard does not function!
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to use wildcards on alphanumeric
> values?

I think the problem is that the WordDelimiterFilter applied on 'text' type,
splits 'ABCD3456' into 'ABCD' and '3456' etc. Also, prefix queries are not
analyzed so that don't pass through the same filters.

I guess one simple solution to your problem is to add preserveOriginal="1"
to the WordDelimiterFilterFactory definition inside the 'text' field type.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.