not sure what you mean...  yes, i guess...

you send a bunch of requests with add( doc/collection ) and they are not visible until you send commit()

On Jul 20, 2009, at 9:07 AM, Gérard Dupont wrote:

my mistake, pb with the buffer I added. But it raises a question : does solr (using embedded server) has its own buffer mechanism in indexing or not ? I
guess not but I might be wrong.