Hi Francis,

The named of synonyms files are arbitrary, but whatever you call them needs to
match what you have in solrconfig.xml
If you are referring to them, then they should probably exist.
If you are referring to them, then they should probably be non-empty.

But think this through a bit, because it seems like the index-time vs.
query-time synonyms are still a bit fuzzy for you.  The Wiki has a good page on
that.

Otis