check:

this will not likely make it into 1.4

On Jul 30, 2009, at 1:41 PM, Jérôme Etévé wrote:

Hi,

Nope, I'm not using solrj (my client code is in Perl), and I'm with solr 1.3.

J.

2009/7/30 Shalin Shekhar Mangar <shalinman...@gmail.com>:
On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 8:31 PM, Jérôme Etévé <jerome.et...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi All,

I'm wondering if it's possible to post documents to solr in JSON format.

JSON is much faster than XML to get the queries results, so I think
it'd be great to be able to post data in JSON to speed up the indexing
and lower the network load.

If you are using Java,Solrj on 1.4 (trunk), you can use the binary format which is extremely compact and efficient. Note that with Solr/Solrj 1.3,
binary became the default response format for Solrj clients.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

--