so in the case someone can help me with the query syntax, the
relational query i would use for this would be something like:

SELECT * FROM videos
WHERE
title LIKE 'family guy'
AND desc LIKE 'stewie%'
AND (
  ( is_dup = 0 )
  OR
  ( is_dup = 1 AND id NOT IN
    (
    SELECT id FROM videos
    WHERE
    title LIKE 'family guy'
    AND desc LIKE 'stewie%'
    AND is_dup = 0
    )
  )
)
ORDER BY views
LIMIT 10

can a similar query be written in lucene or do i need to structure my
index differently to be able to do such a query?

thx much

--joe