~ David Smiley
 Author: http://www.packtpub.com/solr-1-4-enterprise-search-server

On 8/19/09 10:31 AM, "Vladimir Landman" <v...@northernautoparts.com> wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to create a schema for Solr.   Here is a relational model of what
our data might look like:

Inventory
-----------------
Sku
Price
Weight

Attributes
-----------------------
AttributeName
AttributeValue

Applications
----------------------
Id (Auto-Incrementing)
Sku
VehicleYear
VehicleMake
VehicleModel
VehicleEngine

There can be multiple Application(s) records.  Also, Attributes can also have
duplicates.  Basically I want to store basic information about our inventory,
attributes, and applications.  If I didn't have the applications,
I would simply have:
<field name="id" ...>
<field name="sku" ...>
<field name="price" ...>
<field name="weight" ...>
<!-- Attributes -->
<field name="OilPumpVolume" ...>
<field name="FuelType" ...>

Since one part might have 3 or 4 attributes, but 100 applications, I want to
try to avoid having 400 records, but maybe that is just what I will have to do.

I appreciate any help.
--
Vladimir Landman
Northern Auto Parts