Thanks for the reply Yonik!
I'm using the nightly from 2009-08-20, so its a rather fresh build. And by
comparing the schema with the one im using now I had made a mistake when
defining the field.
By examining the most recent build, i noticed that the normal date field is
defined as follows:
<fieldType name="date" class="solr.TrieDateField" omitNorms="true"
precisionStep="0" positionIncrementGap="0"/>
(its actually a TrieDateField? does this mean that we are moving away from
the standard SolrDateField ?)
and that the tdate is specified as follows:
<fieldType name="tdate" class="solr.TrieDateField" omitNorms="true"
precisionStep="6" positionIncrementGap="0"/>
I'll update my schema definitions and reindex:) Guess that pretty much will
solve my problems.
Thanks!
 Aleks