On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Rupert Fiasco<rufia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I run these through curl on the command its
> truncated and if I run the search through the web-based admin panel
> then I get an XML parse error.

Are you running curl directly against the solr server, or going
through a load balancer?  Cutting out the middle-men using curl was a
great idea - just make sure to go all the way.

At first I thought it could possibly be a FastWriter bug (internal
Solr class), but that's only used on the TextWriter (JSON, Python,
Ruby) based formats, not on the original XML format.

It really looks like you're hitting a lower-level IO buffering bug
(esp when you see a response starting off with the tail of another
response).  That doesn't look like it could be a Solr bug... but
rather smells like a thread safety bug in the servlet container.

What type of machine are you running on?  What JVM?
You could try upgrading your version of Jetty, the JVM, or try
switching to Tomcat.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com