>On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Fergus McMenemie <fer...@twig.me.uk> wrote:
>
>> >This testcase is quite independent of anything in Solr. It is a
>> >standalone utility and the only dependency is stax.
>> >discalimer (I run these testcases from Intellij and command line)
>> >BTW are you using XpathRecordReader outside of DIH?
>>
>> Nobel,
>>
>> Is there a better way to test and play with XPathRecordReader.java
>> other than
>>
>>  ant -Dtestcase=TestXPathRecordReader test
>>
>> Which takes 8secs to run here? I am not using XpathRecordReader
>> outside of DIH, but looking to see how I would add support for
>> xpaths such as //a.
>>

>The target takes a lot of time because it has to go through all the
>test-cases in core and contribs trying to match the value given in
>-Dtestcase.
>
>You could also do ant -Dtestcase=TestXPathRecordReader test-contrib which
>should be a little faster. I run individual test cases directly through IDEA
>which avoids these extra steps.

Shalin,

Hmm, 6 seconds. I looked up IDEA and I guess I should be able
to use it for free while working on solr. Is it easier to
setup and come up the learning curve?

Regards Fergus.

Fergus McMenemie               Email:fer...@twig.me.uk
Techmore Ltd                   Phone:(UK) 07721 376021

Unix/Mac/Intranets             Analyst Programmer