> It can import documents in certain other formats using the
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtractingRequestHandler

1) According to my inference.Solr uses Apache Tikka to convert other rich
document format files to Text Files, so that the Class ExtractRequestHandler
use the output text file to create the Index files.

2. If Point 1 is correct,then I think this could suit my requirements since
I need to index rich documents files especially .xls format.
But i cant find the class ExtractRequestHandler which has to be configured
in SOLRCONFIG.xml file, so that i can import XLS documents through the
servlet

ttp://localhost:8983/solr/update/extract?=