You might be talking about modifying the similarity object to modify scoring
formula in Lucene!

  $searcher->setSimilarity($similarity);
  $writer->setSimilarity($similarity);

This can very well be done in Solr as SolrIndexWriter inherits from Lucene
IndexWriter class.
You might want to download the Solr Source code and take a look at the
SolrIndexWriter to begin with!

It's in the package - org.apache.solr.update

Thanks
Rajan