Hey,
I have a question regarding the primitive type definitions and use of those
for sorting.

I have an ID field in my index of type SortableLongField, and on my test
index I have about 2 million documents. When doing a sort=id desc and q=*:*
I'm getting out of memory (heap space)...
running the instance with 2GB of memory so I wouldn't really think that
there should be any big problems here.

So I'm wondering if the Trie based field types are less memory expensive
than the "old" SortableXXFields?
sorting on the date field (which is a TrieDateField) works fine (and
fast)...

Any input is highly appreciated!

Cheers,
 Aleksander

--
Aleksander M. Stensby
Lead Software Developer and System Architect

Please consider the environment before printing all or any of this e-mail