That's right.  mergeFactor=1 is an even more extreme case.  However, with the
new per-segment readers, having an optimized index is no longer the best index
state to go for in some cases.

 Otis
--
Sematext is hiring -- http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html?mls
Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Katta, Hadoop, HBase, UIMA, NLP, NER, IR