Chantal Ackermann wrote:
Thanks, Mark!
But I suppose it does matter where in the index chain it goes? I would guess it is applied to the tokens, so I suppose I should put it at the very end - after WordDelimiter and Lowercase have been applied.

Is that correct?

 >>   <analyzer type="index">
 >>     <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory"
 >>        splitOnCaseChange="1" splitOnNumerics="1"
 >>        stemEnglishPossessive="1" generateWordParts="1"
 >>        generateNumberParts="1" catenateAll="1"
 >>        preserveOriginal="1" />
 >>     <filter class="solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory" />
       <filter class="solr.ReversedWildcardFilterFactory" />
 >>   </analyzer>

Yes. Care should be taken that the query analyzer chain produces the same forward tokens, because the code in QueryParser that optionally reverses tokens acts on tokens that it receives _after_ all other query analyzers have run on the query.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><