Hi Elaine,
You can achieve that with some modifications in sol configuration files.
Generally text will be configured as
<fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
words="stopwords.txt" enablePositionIncrements="true"/>
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
words="stopwords.txt"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

When a field is declared as text(with above conf.) it will tokenized. Say,
for example, your sentence
"Can you get what you want?" will become be tokenized like "can, you, get,
what, you, want". So when you search for 'sentence:"get what you"' you will
get 0 results.

To achieve your objective you can remove Tokenizers in "text" configuration.
The best way I suggest is to declare the field as type "string". Search the
string with wild card like 'sentence:"*get what you*"' using sorlj client
and when you get try to records (results) save the output of
sentence.indexOf(keyword) in your java bean. Here sentence is a variable
declared in the java bean.
For more details you need to read the usage of Solrj. If you have any issues
in modifying the configuration post the configuration you have for the
fieldtype "text" and i will modify it for you.

Regards,
Sandeep Team