Hi Bernadette,

Bernadette Houghton schrieb:
Thanks for this Patrick. If I remove one of the hyphens, solr doesn't throw up
the error, but still doesn't find the right record. I see from marklo's
analysis page that solr is still parsing it with a hyphen. Changing this part
of our schema.xml -

that's probably because the hyphen/minus has a special meaning ("not containing")? Try putting the input in quotes. But I agree with Christian that the hyphens should have been removed during index time by the token filters.

cheers
chantal

        <filter class="solr.PatternReplaceFilterFactory"
                pattern="([^a-z])" replacement="" replace="all"
        />

        <filter class="solr.PatternReplaceFilterFactory"
                pattern="([^a-z])" replacement=" " replace="all"
        />

i.e. replacing non-alpha chars with a space, looks like it may handle that
aspect.

Regards
Bern