> Hi everybody
>
> I have a simple but (for me) annoying problem. I'm happy
> user of Solr
> 1.4 with a small collection of documents. Today one of the
> users has
> reported that a query returns documents that are
> non-pertinent to the
> expression. I have spanish, portuguese and english text
> inside the
> collection. Using the Solr administration interface I've
> found that
> she was right, if I search for the spanish term
> "represion", I found
> just only the word root, I mean it returns every document
> with the
> term "repres". Using the admin-debug search I found this:
>

> <lst name="debug">
> <str
> name="rawquerystring">description:represion</str>
> <str
> name="querystring">description:represion</str>
> <str
> name="parsedquery">description:repres</str>
> <str
> name="parsedquery_toString">description:repres</str>
>
> the "ion" part of the term was deleted by the query parser.
> The first
> question is: I don´t know now where should I see to
> correct this, at
> the schema.xml or at the solrconfig.xml.

> The only thing that is suspicious to me is the
> EnglishPorter.

Yes you are right. "ion" part of the term was deleted by it. You can verify
this using /admin/analysis.jsp page. It will tell you which TokenFilterFactory
removes it.

> I've deleted from the configuration but nothing changes. Should
> I reindex the collection to see the changes?

Yes re-index is necessary.

> Should I delete also from the index section?

You should remove English porter from both query and index analyzer.

> What I will loose deleting English porter?

You will lose stemming functionality. But since you have spanish, portuguese
and english documents using English porter for all the documents is not
meaningful.