Hi,

I have a field in my index called related_ids, indexed and stored, with the
following field type:

        <!--
        A text field that tokenizes on whitespace, removing non-word
characters at the
        start and end of each token, but preserving meaningful punctuation
*within*
        tokens (e.g. B/BEIJING/1/87 MG-ATP-K-OXALATE ). Also converts to
lowercase.
        -->
        <fieldType name="keywords_ids" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
            <analyzer>
                <tokenizer class="solr.PatternTokenizerFactory"
pattern="\W*\s+\W*" />
            </analyzer>
        </fieldType>

Several records in my index contain the token 1cuk in the related_ids field,
but only *some* of them are returned when I query on this. e.g. if I send a
query like this:

http://localhost:8080/solr/select/?q=id:2.40.50+AND+related_ids:1cuk&version=2.2&start=0&rows=20&indent=on&fl=id,title,related_ids

I get a single hit for the record with id:2.40.50 . But if I try this, on a
different record with id:2.40 :

http://localhost:8080/solr/select/?q=id:2.40+AND+related_ids:1cuk&version=2.2&start=0&rows=20&indent=on&fl=id,title,related_ids

I get no hits. However, if I just query for id:2.40 ...

http://localhost:8080/solr/select/?q=id:2.40&version=2.2&start=0&rows=20&indent=on&fl=id,title,related_ids

I can clearly see the token "1cuk" in the related_ids field.

Not only that, but if I copy and paste record 2.40's related_ids field into
the Field Analysis tool in the admin interface, and search on "1cuk", the
term 1cuk is visible in the index analyzer's term list, and highlighted! So
Field Analysis thinks that I *should* be getting a hit for this term.

Can anyone suggest how I'd go about diagnosing this? I'm kind of hitting a
brick wall here.

If it makes any difference, related_ids for the culprit record 2.40 is
large-ish but not enormous (31000 terms). Also I've tried stopping and
restarting Solr in case it was some weird caching thing.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.