tpunder wrote:

> Could you use the facet.query feature
> (http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters#facet.query_:_Arbitrary_Query_Faceting)
> to reduce it to 2 queries?
>
> So you'd:
>
> 1. Send solr the first query
> 2. Solr executes and returns the query to you
> 3. You then use the facet results to create a 2nd query with your +20
> facet.query queries
> 3. Solr executes and returns the results of your +20 facet.query queries
>
> Then you'd only have 2 roundtrips.
>
> -Tim

Unfortunately no.  the +20 queries are distinct from each other, even tho
they share some of the original query parameters (and some facet information
from the original query facets).

what I was envisioning was something that works like a facet, but instead of
returning information about the first query, it would return information
about queries similar to the first query.