I'm are planning out a system with large indexes and wondering what kind
of performance boost I'd see if I split out documents into many cores
rather than using a single core and splitting by a field. I've got about
500GB worth of indexes ranging from 100MB to 50GB each.

I'm assuming if we split them out to multiple cores we would see the
most dramatic benefit in searches on the smaller cores, but I'm just
wondering what level of speedup I should expect. Eventually the cores
will be split up anyway, I'm just trying to determine how to prioritize
it.

thanks,
Phil