Solr includes slf4j-jdk14-1.5.5.jar, if you want to use the nop (or log4j, or loopback) impl you will need to include that in your own project.

Solr uses slf4j so that each user can decide their logging implementation, it includes the jdk version so that something works off-the-shelf, but if you want more control, then you can switch in whatever you want.

ryan

On Nov 18, 2009, at 1:22 AM, Per Halvor Tryggeseth wrote:

Thanks. I see. It seems that slf4j-nop-1.5.5.jar is the only jar file missing in solrj-lib, so I suggest that it should be included in the next release.

Per Halvor

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: Chris Hostetter [mailto:hossman_luc...@fucit.org]
Sendt: 17. november 2009 20:51
Til: 'solr-user@lucene.apache.org'
Emne: Re: Missing slf4j jar in solr 1.4.0 distribution?

: I downloaded solr 1.4.0 but discovered when using solrj 1.4 that a
: required slf4j jar was missing in the distribution (i.e.
: apache-solr-1.4.0/dist). I got a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
: org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder when using solrj
: Have I overlooked something or are not all necessary classes required
: for using solrj in solr 1.4.0 included in the distribution?

Regretably, Solr releases aren't particularly consistent about where third-party libraries can be found.

If you use the the pre-built war, the 'main' dependencies are allready bunlded into it. If you want to roll your own, you need to look at the "./lib" directory -- "./dist" is only *suppose* to contain the artifacts built from solr source But that solrj-lib directory can be confusing)...

hoss...@brunner:apache-solr-1.4.0$ ls ./lib/slf4j-*
lib/slf4j-api-1.5.5.jar         lib/slf4j-jdk14-1.5.5.jar

-Hoss