Stuart Grimshaw wrote:
I have a Solr instance in a directory in 1 location on my hard drive,
and set solr.solr.home to that location, when I open it, I can add
documents and close the instance with no problem, but the data is
written to a new directory solr/data in the current directory.

Has anyone seen this before?

-S

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/stubbs
Blog: http://stubblog.wordpress.com
My art: http://stuartgrimshaw.imagekind.com
Stock Images: http://en.fotolia.com/partner/16775

I had a similar problem recently whereas I had multiple solr 1.4 instances in /usr/local/solr/solr-home-1.4 (we run solr 1.3 also) and Solr was still using solr/data in my current directory (solr 1.4 dist root).

I commented out all references to <dataDir> in each of my solrconfig.xml files and that seemed to resolve the issue, but maybe there's a cleaner way to do this. Perhaps have solr.data.dir populated via solr.xml when using Multicore? Maybe you are experiencing the same issue.

Mike