Grant,

Grant Ingersoll wrote:
On Nov 19, 2009, at 7:02 AM, Andrea Campi wrote:

To make things easier and more maintainable, I'd like to use nested queries for
that; I'd like to be able to write:

q={!boost b=$dateboost v=ftext:$terms^1000 OR
text:$terms}&dateboost=product(...etc.)&terms=something

Or even better:

q={!boost b=$dateboost v=$qq}&qq={!query v=ftext:$terms^1000 OR
text:$terms}&dateboost=product(...etc.)&terms=something

Sounds like you might benefit from using the Dismax Parser.  You can specify
the field boosting thing in your config and also add the bf (boost function)
capability.
I tried that but the customer prefers the lucene syntax for the actual query.

However, now that you mention this, I should probably be able to use Dismax but specify the lucene syntax for the actual search on the 'text' field, right?
I will try that, thanks.

Bye,
    Andrea