check:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrLogging

if you are using 1.4 you want to drop in the slf4j-log4j jar file and then it should read your log4j configs

On Nov 19, 2009, at 2:15 PM, Harsch, Timothy J. (ARC-TI)[PEROT SYSTEMS] wrote:

Hi all,
I have an J2EE application using embedded solr via solr4j. It seems the logging that SOLR produces has a mind of its own, and is not changeable via my log4j.properties. In fact I know this because I wired in a Log4J config listener in my web.xml and redirected all my logs to a custom location. Which works, but now all my messages go to the custom location and all the embedded SOLR messages are still going into catalina.out. How can I get access to the logger of the Embedded SOLR.

Thanks,
Tim Harsch
Sr. Software Engineer
Perot Systems