I've just found solr and am looking at what's involved to work with it. All
the examples I've seen only ever use 1 word search terms being implemented
as examples, which doesn't help me trying to see how multiple word queries
work. It also looks like a hell of a lot of processing needs to be done on
the raw query string even before you can pass it to solr (in PHP) - is
everyone processing the query string first and building a custom call to
solr, or is there a query string parser I've missed somewhere? I can't even
find what operators (if any) are able to be used in the raw query string in
the online docs (maybe there aren't any??). Any help or points in the right
direction would be appreciated.