Hello All,
               I am having a trouble in following an approach for
field boosting. I have possibility of two cases in searching. One is
similar to DisMax, which uses field boosting, and the second one is
normal. To go for which of them is based on user query ( probably
inside query parser). So I can not use DisMax as default, but I need
to provide field based boosting.
      To be brief, looking at query string,
1) if there are no fields supplied as part of the query, I need to
search for the input-query terms in a set of default field list
including support for field boosting.

2) If the user has supplied some field name as part of the query then
I do some other modifications to the query like query expansion, etc.

          As , whether the field name is provided are not is to be
judged in query parser ( as far as I know ), which might be the right
way of providing both of above features.

Thanks.