> in Solr 1.4 the boolean syntax was deprecated in place of keywords that
> are more meaninful...
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters#facet.sort
>
> ... "count" and "index" replaced "true" and "false"

Yes, I thought about adding some 'new syntax', but I opted for a separate
'facet.sortorder' parameter,

mainly because I'm not familiar enough with the codebase to know what effect
this might have on

backward compatibility. It would be easy enough to modify the patch I created
to do it this way.

[see SOLR-1672]

Thanks,

Peter

> Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 22:24:25 -0800
> From: hossman_luc...@fucit.org
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Reverse sort facet query
>

> : I'll have a look at SimpleFacets.java to look at patching it. I should
> : think the sorting bit will be relatively straightforward. The tricky bit
> : is how to submit the request via the query interface - there's only a
> : boolean
>
> in Solr 1.4 the boolean syntax was deprecated in place of keywords that
> are more meaninful...
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters#facet.sort
>
> ... "count" and "index" replaced "true" and "false"
>
> we could always start supporting "count desc" and "count asc" (with
> "count" as an alias for "count desct"
>
> : The reverse facet query is for when you want to know which event (or
> : group of event types) has happened the least
>
> got it, thanks.
>

> -Hoss

Add your Gmail and Yahoo! Mail email accounts into Hotmail - it's easy
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/186394592/direct/01/